Sunday, April 20, 2008

Where am I going?


This summer I will be staying with my Aunt Sue's In-Laws, the Wohnigs, in a little German village called Landenhausen for 3 weeks. That's about an hour northeast of Frankfurt. I am so excited about this trip! I will be meeting up with a friend of my Aunt's in Fulda named Katja, who has this adorable 2 year old little girl. Hopefully I will also be meeting up with my cousin Julia and go to Berlin with her! So these are my plans so far for Germany.


After this big trip I am going to Chicago! I am going to be a nanny for my Aunt Sue. I am going to be helping her out with my adorable cousin Noah and the soon to be baby Wohnig all summer. I will be speaking almost entirely in German so that Noah becomes bilingual. His daddy already speaks to him solely in German, so I would just be another German voice. :)

Anyway those are my plans for the summer!


Dates:
Germany: May 5th- 27th

Chicago: June 3rd- August 13th4


-----------------------------------------------------
Above was my first trip to Germany. I have since gone back to Germany and completed a 6-week course in Berlin with the FUBiS Program. It was an amazing trip and is one of the most special and life changing events in my life. I now having done both of these trips still yearn for more Germany. I am returning to Berlin this summer to do another course with the FUBiS Program. However this time I will be taking classes for 6 hours M-F, instead of M,W,F like last trip. I also will be staying for the second summer session this time and will be in Berlin for 11 weeks.

I think that this trip will be possibly even more amazing than either of the first two. Since I am going alone, I will have an amazing freedom that I had a small taste of when I went backpacking over a weekend during my last Germany trip. I can do exactly as I wish, when I wish to do it! ... as long as it is not during class hours ;). I can't wait to get there and begin my new adventure!

No comments:

the German experience through my eyes