Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Montag, Montag, Alle warten auf den Montag!

SOOO Last night I had a lot of fun with Heather again. My plan had been to walk home, but then she said she was going get dinner at the best döner place in the city (which is Mustafa's Gemüse Döner off the Mehringdamm U6 &U and I had to join. The döner was AMAZING! I have never liked the chicken döner as much as the dönerfleisch (lamb and other meats) döners, but this was AMAZING. The chicken was really well seasoned and they not only gave me the shaved meat, but Heather said I also got a full grilled chicken breast!!! I was just devouring it so I didn't even notice. The salat (<--- german spelling) was good lettuce with carrots and chives, red onions and and other veggies, The onions had some sort of great sauce on them, and CILANTRO! The sauces were the best sauces I've ever tasted on a döner and the FETA... OMG the feta had DILL in it! It was AWESOME! The cucumbers and tomatoes were also fantastic quality. THEN they put grilled peppers, onions and potato slices on it! BEST DÖNER EVER!!!!




Since heather had never seen Prenzlauerberg and I have been dying to go back ever since our excursion there in my second week, we headed in that direction after eat our döners. It took me a while to get my bearings though. The last time I had been in Prenzlauerberg I was doing a scavenger hunt type of excursion in a down pour, so I had spent most of that walk looking at my feet and not learning my surroundings. HOWEVER we did find Anna Blume, which is where I wanted to bring Heather. We got some amazing crepe and had another very long conversation. Anna Blume is a really cool cafe' in Prenzlauerberg, which my professor had sent my group to on our scavenger hunt. We were to go and ask the people inside what Anna Blume meant, and it was a poem. I think I have the poem somewhere in my facebook album. They have amazing crepes there and during the downpour we were in during our scavenger hunt, it was a fantastic stop out of the rain.

Unfortunately we had forgotten we had gotten out of class at 6 so our sense of time was off. I still am not used to the sun going down so late, So it felt more like 9 when we realized it was 20 to midnight and the U & S-bahns would be closing soon. We sped walked to the U-bahn we had taken there, and it was closed. So we were freaking out a little bit, because our homes were VERY far from where we were and walking that wasn't really an option. So we decided to try the S-bahn at Alexanderplatz. However on the way, we saw the Rosa-Luxembourg U was still open and we took that to the S1 and went home.

It was a crazy night and I had a lot of fun, but I def need to spend the rest of the week in studying. Heather and I have completely different schedules EXCEPT on Mondays and Fridays. We have decided we will be putting alarms on our phones from now on, so that we get home at a reasonable hour lol.


btw the title was inpspired by Rebecca Black's having a new song out... (seriously???? why does she have ANOTHER song???)

Kathleen ♥

No comments:

the German experience through my eyes